Which is the Better Way to Travel: Mainland China-Tibet-Nepal or to go Nepal-Tibet-Mainland China?We get this question very often.It is better to go from Mainland
The Group Chinese visa is not in your passport. It is a single piece of paper that has all of the names, nationalities, passport numbers and ages of everyone in your group. Since it is just one piece of paper, you all have to travel to the exact same places together. It should be possible for some agencies in Kathmandu to issue the Group Chinese visa with just one person's name on it, however the travel regulations when entering
If you enter Tibet from Mainland China, you avoid all of the strict regulations regarding the Chinese Group visa as you can enter with just a normal Chinese Tourist visa that can be renewed at least once for 30 days (and usually twice).
- Do I need double/multi-entry visa if I come to Tibet from China mainland and return China mainland?
- What is the procedure to get China visa in Katmandu?
- Is there any discount for foreign teachers and students when buying Tibet train tickets?
- Which is the Better Way to Travel: Mainland China-Tibet-Nepal or to go Nepal-Tibet-Mainland China?
- Can I arrive in Dram/Zhangmu at the Nepal/Tibet border and arrange a tour of Tibet there?
- Which city do you recommend to take the train from?
- Why are the costs of tours to the Tibet so expensive?
- Is English spoken widely across Tibet?