The world's highest tunnel in Tibet is to open
The Mila Mount Tunne,located at the junction of Lhasa and Nyingchi in the Tibet autonomous region at an average altitude of 4,740 meters above sea level,is expected to be opened in September,when it will become the world's highest super-long tunnel.
Construction of the tunnel started in April 2015, and the project is about 70 percent completed,hampered by the natural environment at high attitude, the construction process has encountered many obstacles.
After it opens, traveling time between the cities of Lhasa and Nyingchi will be halved,will take just three to four hours instead of about eight,and it will make life much more convenient for local ethnic groups.
- The world's highest tunnel in Tibet is to open
- Mount Everest area getting free WIFI
- Buddha-show ceremony in Labrang Monastery, Gansu
- Buddha-show ceremony in Qinghai
- Lhasa is filled with festive atmosphere
- Mt.Zheduoshan in Kham will begin to build tunnel this year
- Tibet will start building and renovating 2,000 toilets
- Tibet Museum closes for renovation