Monasteries supply free porridge on Laba festival
Laba Festival falls on the eighth day of the twelfth month in lunar calendar,eating laba porridge is a traditional rite in china.
The main ingredients are rice and sticky rice,people also add sugar,red dates,lotus seeds, walnuts, chestnuts, almonds, longans, hazelnuts,raisins,red beans,peanuts,and other foods inside.
Many monasteries supply free porridge on Laba festival for spreading greetings to the world,the monks would also pray around the porridge boilers.Most family would prepare the porridge by themselves,and get laba porridge as a signature of getting good luck.
- The world's highest tunnel in Tibet is to open
- Mount Everest area getting free WIFI
- Buddha-show ceremony in Labrang Monastery, Gansu
- Buddha-show ceremony in Qinghai
- Lhasa is filled with festive atmosphere
- Mt.Zheduoshan in Kham will begin to build tunnel this year
- Tibet will start building and renovating 2,000 toilets
- Tibet Museum closes for renovation